Monday 18 June 2012

Meal at Resto Surabaya, Lucky Plaza (17 Jun 2012)

My husband saw in one of the blog mention that there is a nice Ayam Penyet at Lucky Plaza and is cheap and nice than Ayam Penyet Ria. So, since we at orchard area at 4.15pm without lunch yet then we decided to go and try it out. The restaurant name is Resto Surabaya. We ordered 1 Ayam Penyet, 1 Ayam Bakar, 1 additional rice (it will be our lunch and dinner already so need additional rice) and 1 Ice Chendol. After the waitress repeat our orders, then ask me only 1 rice? Then my response is 'ar??' then he just told me that the chicken is not come with rice. I see..so I just said I want 3 bowl rices. All our order server at our table very fast and i realise the chicken is a bit smaller compare with Ayam Penyet Ria. Ok, since server to us then time to eat already. Hmm...nice than Ayam Penyet Ria? ok, talk abt the Ayam Penyet first, the color of the chicken is not fried until golden yellow color yet so when you see the chicken already no appetize to eat but because we very hungry so must eat also. For me I still like Ayam Penyet from Ayam Penyet Ria. How about the chili? OK, Ayam Penyet Ria and Resto Surabaya's chili is different, so can not compare. Both have own taste of chili and i don't know what is the original taste of the chili it should be because i never eat at Indonesia before but for me both have unique taste of the chili and i like both of the chili. Now talk about Ayam Bakar. That's my 2nd time try eat Ayam Bakar from Indonesia Cuisine but the first time i ate is at food court at Plaza Singapore but is 3 to 4 years ago so I not really remember the taste. But now this Ayam Bakar that i eat at Resto Surabaya consider no bad, the sauce is dark soya sauce with sweet and sour (lime). Their Ice Chendol is no nice because is use coconut sugar and taste almost same as chendol from Malacca, Malaysia. So, conclusion is if I want to eat Ayam Penyet then i will choose to go Ayam Penyet Ria but if I want to eat Ayam Bakar and Ice Chendol then I will choose Resto Surabaya until I found another nicer place to eat Ayam Bakar again. Honestly when talk about price, then I always feel that eat this type of food is too expensive but what to do, at Singapore city area all the food almost at this range of price.
Ayam Penyet and Ayam Bakar each is S$6, 1 bowl of rice is RM0.80 and Ice Chendol is RM3. One thing good at Resto Surabaya is do not have GST 7%. So if you compare the Ayam Penyet price at Ayam Penyet Ria and Resto Surabaya, Resto Surabaya is cheaper S$0.60, that's why the size of the chicken is smaller a bit.

Address:
Resto Surabaya
304, Orchard Road
#02-63/64 Lucky Plaza
Singapore 238863

Openning hours: 12pm to 9pm.

Ayam Penyet

Ayam Bakar

Ice Chendol

No comments:

Post a Comment