Sunday 17 June 2012

Dumpling....


Dragon Boat Festival is coming soon...normally 1 week before the festival, we can see people selling dumplings and also a lot of people will start made the dumplings by own and enjoying eat before the festival or wait until near to the date then just do again for praying. I'm so lucky because almost every year during this festival, my colleagues will bring dumpling for me and treat me eat because they know I like to eat dumpling and know that I stay at Singapore no chance to do by own due to I only rent a room at here and also no chance to eat my mum made one but this year, I manage to take leave and go back hometown this coming Friday so I have chance to eat dumpling that my Mum made (after 6 years never eat dumpling that my Mum made). :-)
For so many years eat dumplings given by different colleagues, I realise different country and different dialect will have different taste of dumpling. This year, the first dumpling i get from my colleague is work at QC Department. That is my first time taste her dumpling and I get shock because is scallop dumpling and others than scallop, inside still got a lot of meat, half of the salted egg yolk, mushroom and chestnut. I miss out to take photo of the dumpling because that time I really enjoying eat the scallop dumpling. hihi!
Second dumpling is from Sales Manager's mum made one. A bit special compare with last time I eat..a bit spicy taste, maybe when cook the dry prawn's ingredient, his mum put some chili powder. Color of the rice a bit white and no much meat and the meat is cut to small pieces and also the mushroom. But it's coming with a big salted egg yolk (my favourite), chestnut and a lot of peanut. I like the taste as well...although I don't know is from which dialect but i like it.



Third dumpling is from my Manager's mum bring from Indonesia (From Medan delivery to Jakarta then bring to Singapore). Is very special and called mini dumpling, around 4cm size. haha!that's my first time see so small dumpling and we very curious how to put all the ingredients inside the dumpling but you will get surprise, you can taste the meat, chinese sausage, mushroom, chestnut, dry prawn and salted egg yolk. Taste is very nice...When i enjoying eat the dumpling for the last bite, I suddenly stop because i bite a small chili inside the dumpling and is very splicy! haha! I don't understand how come inside dumpling come with small chili?? Anyway, that's special mini dumpling from Indonesia. haha! If you want to try out this mini dumpling then you can ask your Medan, Indonesia's friend help you buy. As I know, there is delivery from Medan to Jakarta, no bad right? The sample packing box is as below photo.


Mini Dumpling
 
Mini Dumpling

Mini Dumpling


1 comment:

  1. After check with my company colleague for the second dumpling that i try, it was from Nyoya type that already modify a bit..haha!

    ReplyDelete