Thursday 7 June 2012

Celebrate Birthday for My Best Friend - Honey (01/06/2012)

Today, my best friend, Honey (yes!her name is Honey and really printed in her identity card) skype chat with me and ask me any Bakerzin nice cake can recommend to her so as usual I will just recommend to someone based on what they like. After chat with her for awhile, suddenly I just ask her the cake is for who then she just told me 'For me la! tomorrow is my birthday!'...haha...ok...I really forgot that next day is her birthday. Is not i forgot which date is her birthday is i forgot today is what date. So, I admit is my fault and I suggested to treat her dinner today as celebrate for her birthday since today her husband is working and no time to accompany her. Ok, location I choose to meet at Clementi MRT but place to eat I let her to decide. I also ask my husband to meet up together for dinner and celebrate for Honey's birthday.
After meet up, Honey suggested to dinner at Soup Restaurant. At first we plan to order ala carte and dish that we choose are Samsui Ginger Chicken, Double Boiled Waisan & Ginseng Roots with Chicken Soup and Ah Kon Fan Shu Leaves. When we want to order, my husband suddenly ask us which set menu we want to order? Ok, why he suddenly ask like that because Honey and me is holding the ala carte menu but he holding is set menu then when we decide what to order that time is Honey and me talk in Mandarin which is my husband don't understand. So, after review the set menu there is 1 set menu for 2 persons is almost same with the dishes that we want to order, only extra 1 dish which is Steamed San Yu and price will be S$49.90, we decided to order this set menu to try the Steamed San Yu as well but we are 3 persons so we just order additional 1 plain rice.
 The first dish serve on our table is Samsui Ginger Chicken. Samsui Ginger Chicken is come with the Ginger sauce and cabbage. So when eat, we need to dip the chicken to the ginger sauce, after that wrap the chicken with the cabbage. What I know from their website, this dish should come with letture and not cabbage but I don't know why is cabbage because cabbage is more hard compare with letture so when want to wrap, it's very difficult. hmm...this dish no bad especially the chicken is very smooth and soft, the ginger sauce very nice and suitable to dip for the chicken but cabbage really no suitable. I hope next time when I order this Samsui Ginger Chicken again should be come with letture.
Next is Ah Kon Fan Shu Leaves. Hmm...for me it just a normal sweet potato leaves cook with sambal chili. I have try this dish before at other Soup Restaurant branch and it still ok to eat but this time after I ate i feel abit disappointed because the sweet potato leaves really like Ah Kon age..haha!the leaves abit hard and consider old already.
After that is Steamed San Yu. Ok, when we decided to get set menu is because of this dish and the price different from we order ala-carte is near to S$15 and when the dish come, we all get shock for awhile because it very small portion. You can see from the photos below that the portion is like size of 3 spoons only. hmm..i can't taste any special of the taste of this dish but for whoever don't like salty food then can order this Steamed San Yu because it totally no salty.
Lastly, Double Boiled Waisan & Ginseng Roots with Chicken Soup and that is the only dish that I like for today meal and I also forgot to take photos for it. I like it maybe because i like to drink soup especially herbal soup. So i really enjoy drink this soup. Ohya! Honey choose this dish because she said the menu state that can helps to relieve stress and she said she need it. :-)

Samsui Ginger Chicken

Ah Kon Fan Shu Leaves

Steamed San Yu


No comments:

Post a Comment