Sunday 20 May 2012

Dinner at My Husband's Cousin House (19/05/2012)

Today is Saturday and both of us are more free so I suggested to my husband that why not we just visit his cousin because i miss his cousin's daughter already and he already agree so we just give his cousin a call to make sure today they all at home and no working. So, as usual we just went to Bugis area and settle our own things and around 5pm we just reached his cousin house. Once reached there, we all non-stop chatting together with his cousin and her housemates. Then her daughter just come to me and want me play and chat with her. While we all at living room chatting, My husband's uncle auntie was at kitchen prepare dinner. Ok...8pm and time for dinner...When they bring out all the dishes from the kitchen and i really feel happy and thankful to them because prepare my favourite food --> Torta Talong and Lumpia Togue. This 2 dishes are Philippine food. (Ohya!Look like i never mention in my blog before that my husband is Filipino Chinese and I'm Malaysian Chinese.) I'm very like to eat Torta Talong and been very long no chance to cook this dish after rent our current place. To prepare Torta Talong actually take very long time because need to BBQ the eggplant until it soft. After that need to cook minced pork with other ingredients then bring up again then beat with egg then cook together with eggplant. Some more need to use slow fire to cook it. Lumpia Togue actually almost same like our local popiah that use bean sprouts and wrap with popiah skin which is soft one but this one is deep fried. Yummy...Yummy...



Torta Talong

Lumpia Togue

Cousin's daughter - When concentrate playing iPhone game
 

No comments:

Post a Comment