Sunday 29 April 2012

Dinner @ Jurong East

Friday (27/04/2012) after work, I meet my husband at Jurong East for dinner. The weather is very hot so we lazy to walk very far just to take our dinner. We just decided to take our dinner at downstairs Jurong East MRT station. When we step in the kopitiam, we saw Filipino Cuisine and the queue is very long. Hmm...when we check on the price is abit expensive but i expect the portion is very big so we just order 1 Grilled Chicken + Rice and 1 BBQ Pork Belly + Rice which is cost us S$6 each. Ok...don't just look at the photos like the portion is very big...actually the plate is around 19cm X 19cm size..So, can you imagine how big is the portion of the food after deduct the few cm at top & bottom and left & right? For me, it's consider very small and how to get full especially for guy? The size of the chicken is spring chicken and the pork belly is very thin. So no choice, i just give my share almost half of it to my husband. Ok, so far i already try Filipino food at few places and this is consider out of my standard. The sauce for the chicken is sweet with blackpepper taste but the sweet is more strong than blackpepper. Maybe for others people will like it but for me i'm not. Besides, i think the sauce should have Bay Leaves taste but i can't taste it in the sauce and the sauce it not stir equally. For the pork belly, I'm not sure because i never eat pork belly but i ask my husband is it nice then he just said so so only. I think we will not go there anymore. I don't understand why the queue is so long??! 


No comments:

Post a Comment